Clark Street Ale House is testimony to Chicago’s storied tradition of quirky neighborhood pubs and taverns. Since it was built in the late 1800’s, our building has always been a bar-even during prohibition. Stop & Drink Liquor House became Clark Street Ale House in 1996, but the historic World War II-era Stop & Drink neon continues to proudly mark our spot. We are one of the Original Four craft-beer focused pubs in Chicago, with an affinity for fine whiskey. From the cheap stuff to the finer things, our focus is on thoughtful selection without pretension. Please join us in our classic Chicago barroom or on our beautiful beer garden patio.